Job Opportunity at International Medical Corps Aug 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Recent Career Opening at International Medical Corps Aug 2019
Job Description : Recent Career Employment at International Medical Corps Aug 2019
Category : Vacancies in Nigeria
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects.
- In consultation with supervisor, the M & E Officer will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The M & E Officer will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the M&E Coordinator.
For closely tracking the project progress, the M & E Officer will:
- Apply the output indicators of the project to measure the achievement of each task and objective.
- Collect, analyze data and reports based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively observe the status of project implementation using the developed program supervisory & monitoring checklist
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the M&E Coordinator for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions, to submit to the M&E Coordinator.
- Maintain frequent communication with Project Managers to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for the response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Support the M&E Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for the partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Provide training along with the M&E Coordinator to ensure the project and partner organization staff as well as the relevant government staff are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators on all outputs
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Code of Conduct:
- It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems, or other relevant Certifications Professional Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in – program monitoring and evaluation which includes database development and management, remote monitoring, assessments and situation analysis in emergency settings
- Experience in working with a range of humanitarian donors (e.g. OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) including established/required indicators
- Ability to live and work in insecure environment with rapidly changing security situation
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus. In addition, She/he must be able to use analytical packages like EpiInfo, SPSS, SMART and STATA
- Strong English language ability (both written and verbal) and the ability to produce cohesive, informative reports including both qualitative and quantitative findings for a range of audiences
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired
- Experience in working as M&E staff person, working with program and technical staff, on proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in M&E positions on emergency response programming is preferred
- Experience in WASH, health, nutrition, GBV and food security programming preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their CV and Applications to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Nigerian nationals only
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2019