Career Recruitment at The Concept Group June 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Latest Career Opening at The Concept Group June 2019
Job Description : Latest Career Employment at The Concept Group June 2019
Category : Finance Jobs in Nigeria
The Concept Group is a holding company for companies established in 1992. Subsidiaries under the Group include: Rosabon Financial Services – Nigeria’s Leading Equipment Leasing and Financial Intermediary Company, Concept Nova – Bespoke Enterprise Software Development Company, Percy Aitkins – Bureau De Change. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Financial Control & Tax
- Responsible for timely, accurate and reliable financial accounting information and statistics suitable to the need of running the business ensure that established accounting systems and procedures are adhered to and recommend controls necessary to safeguard the company’s assets and income.
- To maintain proper records of all company’s assets, liabilities and trading functions and the security of the assets.
- Form a close working relationship with the Management Accountant, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Managers providing the strategic guidance required to support current activities and future growth.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of CBN Monthly returns.
- Lead staff development and succession planning for financial Control team members.
- Actively recruit, mentor and develop team members’ capability and future leadership potential.
- Ensure that:
- Appropriate financial records are kept.
- All statutory accounts are submitted accurately and on time.
- The annual accounts are appropriately audited.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors and external auditors.
- Maintain efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets. Organize verifications and reconciliation with the fixed asset register as at when necessary. Carry out regular review of all the company’s assets.
- Scrutinize payment vouchers before payment is effected with a view to controlling expenses.
- To attend to internal and external Audit request/enquiries and ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to company’s procedures.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies.
- Suggest updates to the accounting the company’s manual and procedures as appropriate.
- Continually initiate and drive process improvements within the finance department.
- Being responsible for the integrity of the accounting system by ensuring that accounting transactions are posted and financial reports are produced on a timely basis.
- Ensure statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are fully compliant with all company’s policies and procedures.
- To implement effective accounting procedures and internal controls which conform to corporate standards and ensure that they are followed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting strategies to the management.
- Oversee tax audit exercises and follow up with the relevant government agencies.
- Work closely with the company’s tax consultants on tax related matters.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate.
- Highly IT literate.
- Solid team player with high energy and go getter attitude to deliver results.
- High degree of resilience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related fields.
- Internationally recognized accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA, ACA)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 19th June, 2019.