The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) job opening
job vacancy:The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Latest career opening March 2019
job description:The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Latest job recruitment March 2019
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Field Worker III
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in operating all field activities of the group including planting, harvesting,
- irrigation, agronomic practices, trait scoring and also in autonomy;
- Operate all field activities related to confied field trials (CFT) under supervision;
- Operating screen-house activities in the BL2 facility under supervision;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’Level with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to perform multiple tasks;
- Good computer skills Good interpersonal relationships with other colleagues.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline: 1st April, 2019.