Job at Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria Mar 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Latest Career Opening at Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria (Lagos) March 2019
Job Description : Latest Work opportunity at Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria (Lagos) March 2019
Category : Administrative Jobs in Nigeria
Job Ref: 3080
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Lagos,di Nigeria.
Summary of position
- The Common Services/Administrative Assistant (LE-05) administers the official vehicle program by supervising three full-time and two part-time driver/messengers and controlling the scheduling of all official vehicles and driver/messengers; ensuring proper maintenance of all official vehicles; assisting with the development of the official vehicle policy; providing messenger services and transportation for authorized passengers as required; ordering, procuring and distributing motor vehicle supplies; and performing other related duties.
- Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- University degree or Diploma from a recognized institution
- High level of proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience* in government or private sector company in an administrative support capacity;
- Recent experience* working in an office with a strong focus on client service orientation and following standard office procedures.
- Recent experience* supervising employees
- Recent is defined as within the last five (5) years
- The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to: a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations, references and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, client services and support
- Knowledge of Transport Coordinator procedures
- Knowledge of Protocol procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Judgement, including ability to prioritize
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to supervise
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Professional integrity
- Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in administration, human resources, management, information management or a similar field
- Previous experience with the Canadian Government or in a public sector environment
- Knowledge of Canada
- Knowledge of the French language (spoken and written)
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work outside regular working hours and/or weekends, when required.
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week.
- Ability to travel and attend offsite meetings
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
- Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Area of selection:
- Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Nigeria, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
- The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
NGN 5,437,841 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications will only be accepted when submitted through our online portal – http://www.wfca-tpce.com/fr/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3080& .
- Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter, including the assessment questions listed below, and CV in English and/or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Eligibility Instructions (to be included in cover letter)
- Assessment questions have been included for candidates to complete and include in their cover letters along with the application. In order to be considered for the position, please note that candidates must answer all questions (#1 and #2). Please include the information in paragraph form. Responses must be your original work, and cannot use text from the internet or other sources. Applications using copied text will be disqualified.
- You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you’re screened in. Applications not including responses to these questions will be screened out.
- Applications that do not include the Candidate Assessment Questions will not be considered.
Question #1 (750 words maximum)
What skills and experience do you have that would help you supervise a team of drivers and manage a fleet of vehicles?
Question #2 (750 words maximum)
Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty to provide excellent client service in a previous job.
- Only applications submitted in English and/or French will be accepted. Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks (4 total – 2 professional, 1 of which must include a recent – within the last 5 years – former manager, and 2 personal) will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and will form part of the selection process.
- The Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews / exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- If candidates need any special accommodation for exams or interviews, please let us know in advance of these assessments.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos which may arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- If you have any questions about the process, please send an email to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca
Application Deadline: 18th March, 2019.