Recent Opening at Human Capital Partners March 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Career Opening at Human Capital Partners March 2019
Job Description : Career Employment at Human Capital Partners March 2019
Category : Energy Jobs in Nigeria, Management Jobs in Nigeria
Human Capital Partners – Our client, a leading power generation company with a focus on the development and operation of independent power plants. Driven by a private-sector philosophy to deliver on its specific projects, the Company is championing a vehicle for attracting significant investment and human capital in order to transform the Power industry and provide electricity to millions of Nigerians. Amongst other strengths, the Company adopts best practices in its operational systems, processes and procedures, and has assembled an exceptional team, with a broad diversity of skills, expertise and experience, who share a strong purpose for making a positive impact.
As part of on-going initiatives to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, our client seeks to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and results-oriented professional to fill the position below for its operations in the Niger Delta region of the country:
Job Title: Head, Plant Operations
Location: Niger Delta Region
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations Management
Job Sector: Power
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Independent Power Plant, including the Operations and Maintenance Contractor as well as the Original Equipment Manufacturer. A major component of this role will be to contribute to strategy and business planning in order to ensure smooth running of plant operations.
- He/she will also act as the Company’s key liaison with all stakeholders, including government personnel, and the O&M management team, in order to ensure effective communication, as well as resolution of any challenges encountered.
- Develop the Company’s strategy for plant security and site safety.
- Build and maintain relationships with key government personnel in the relevant State · and Federal agencies, as well as drive effective community relations activities.
- Drive the Company’s compliance with all environmental, social, health and safety · requirements.
- Monitor the compliance of the O&M contractor with terms of relevant contracts and · industry regulations.
- Coordinate with operations and maintenance management to ensure that the camp · and facility are adequately monitored, supervised and maintained to the required standards.
- Translate the broad objectives of the Company to specific goals for the various · functional departments in the Plant.
- Ensure optimum operational efficiency, including monitoring the operations and · maintenance team’s activities and reports.
- Recommend creative changes to increase organisational efficiency and/or eliminate · duplications.
- Perform routine physical inspection of all plant facilities to ensure that world-class · maintenance practices are implemented and sustained.
Qualifications, Experience and AttributesHuman Capital Partners
- Cognate experience garnered working in both unionised and non-unionised environments, including · exposure to security-related activities.
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong project and operations management skills and experience.
- Strong business and financial acumen. · Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority, internally and · externally.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills. ·
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline from a reputable university.
- Possession of · an MBAis an advantage. Membership of relevant professional bodies, including COREN and NSE.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ related experience, five (5) of which must have been in the Power · industry.
- Strong technical background in the independent power sector, including previous experience as a · Plant Manager or Plant Portfolio Manager. Experience as a construction manager is an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge of power generation equipment.
- Demonstrable experience using computerised maintenance management systems for vendor · qualification, warehouse and spare parts optimisation, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ES00101 as the subject of your e-mail.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2019.
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.