Career Opening at GlaxoSmithKline Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Career Employment at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Feb 2019
Job Description : Work opportunity at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Feb 2019
Category : Management Jobs in Nigeria, Marketing Jobs in Nigeria
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager – GP
Requisition ID: WD201009
Position: Full time
Functional area: Marketing
- Co-create brand strategy and integrated campaigns with CoE and/or Franchise teams.
- Ensure brand resource allocation across different customer groups. Manage communication across customer groups to ensure adequate touch points at right frequency.
- Orchestrate all activities that has been implemented at customer level to ensure end to end brand management.
- Ensure achievement of sales and profitability targets for the brands and/or portfolios with proper budget management.
- Manage forecasting process for defined portfolio or assets. Develop brand LRF taking into considering market development opportunities.
- Engage with EE and Key groups to ensure deep customer insight and respond to customer needs.
- Collaborate with local medical and sales teams to support HCP engagement.
- Responsible to search business opportunities demonstrating growth mind-set and vision of 1-3 years.
- Manage therapy area leaders or customer managers.
- Feed Global and regional teams regarding customer, competitor and market.
- Robust understanding of local reimbursement and access structures. Close collaboration with medical and access teams to ensure timely access to GSK medicines
- Conduct field visits and work with sales team to lead execution of tactical marketing campaigns, evaluate implementation programme, effectiveness of promotional materials and conduct on the job training to ensure overall marketing effectiveness.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and supervision of Customer Managers in the team to ensure effective implementation of plans and effective participation in key marketing promotional activities-medical related scientific meetings and conferences to ensure representation of GSK brands across all therapy areas.
- Actively participate in relevant medical conferences (local and international) to build a positive image for key brands, encourage brand loyalty and share best practice learning’s for such brands
Impact on Business:
- Responsibility for the Operational (Sales and A&P) Budget in Respiratory, Allergy & Dermatology, and NS/Urology brands
- Responsibility for the Profit and Loss for the Specialist Care Team brands
- As allocated by the Marketing & Commercial Excellence Director
Portfolio Direct Contributions:
- As in plan for the requisite year (Volume/Value)
Span of Accountability (Management of People):
- Dotted (or solid) line management responsibility for – Customer Manager
- Responsibility for mentoring and development of staff on secondment programmes within the GP Team as well as Future Leaders Program (FLP) graduates.
- Indirect and dotted leadership for Representatives in the GP team across the country.
- People and Interpersonal Matrix Relationship: Operates both individually and within cross functional teams, driving execution of projects, brand strategy and tactical direction Networking with the following: colleagues within Sales, Regulatory, Medical, Quality, Procurement, Finance, Compliance, Warehousing & Distribution, Supply Chain functions as well as external distributors and partners such as advertising, marketing, public relations, creative, media agencies.
- Achieving Brand revenue expectations in the presence of counterfeit/fake, generic and parallel import of these brands.
- High level of matrix networking required. Need to interface with other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of business strategies.
- Managing various promotional campaigns to achieve increased channel penetration for real growth in profits despite inflationary and rapidly changing business environment.
- Developing and applying/directing project plan to achieve the objectives of the project
- Integrated multichannel marketing (MCM) and digital marketing skills.
- High level of time management and co-ordination is required for actualization of project and strategic objectives.
- Co-ordination of project of different objectives, focus strategy and implementation techniques.
- Networking, engagement and influencing key opinion leaders, distributors and Healthcare practitioners to ensuring top and bottom lines are met.
- Lead delivery and execution of plans across a group of Customers
- Lead Channel and Brand management across the country in a price sensitive and competitive, socio-political business environment
- University degree (Medicine / Dentistry /Biological Sciences)
- 5+ years experience in commercial management including major customer facing roles (selling and marketing)
- Prior experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience within a Multinational organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply