Recent Career Recruitment at Sightsavers Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Recent Career Employment at Sightsavers Feb 2019
Job Description : Recent Work opportunity at Sightsavers Feb 2019
Category : NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager, WASH
Job Type: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Director NTD Coordination. Dotted line to Accelerate Director
Accountable for: Quality Programme delivery on WASH and Behaviour Change activities
Purpose of the Role
- The WASH Technical Manager will be responsible for all programme implementation and monitoring and evaluation related to WASH and behaviour change interventions according to a detailed plan guided by standard guidance.
- She/he will ensure that information from monitoring, evaluation and other assessments are actively used by MoH and implementing partners to inform and adjust project implementation when necessary.
- She/he will also be responsible for actively sharing and using information emerging from evaluation/review and information derived from the NTD/WASH data tool, adjustment of interventions and implementation of recommendations, and lead on coordination of NTD/WASH activities.
- The WASH Technical Manager will be responsible for actively seeking and providing feedback on NTD control and /or elimination related to Behaviour Change (BC) and WASH and submission of all required BC and WASH programme deliverables to the National Program and Sightsavers host offices required by donors.
- The job requires extensive field trips in all the health regions of the assigned Country.
- Support the NTD team of the Ministry of Health to develop and use quality standard indicators/checklist on BC and WASH during monitoring visits.
- Support NTD and WASH Coordination and data activities.
- Direct support of implementation and monitoring of programme specific BC interventions.
- Provide technical oversight of all Accelerate programme activities in country related to WASH and BC including Super School of 5 activities
- Collaborate with appropriate Ministries and WASH sector partners to implement and monitor appropriate actions to improve efficiency and quality of project implementation in BC and WASH.
- Promote the adaption and adoption of preferred practices on BC and assess their application across the programme.
- Promote the integration/collaboration of the WASH and NTD stakeholders in Nigeria
- Work with the programme team and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice on BC and WASH are implemented, documented and disseminated.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Sightsavers NTD Technical Hub to proactively analyse and submit NTDs and WASH-related data.
- Support coordination of joint WASH and NTD monitoring activities and development and identification of integrated WASH related monitoring activities.
- Support in planning and conducting baseline studies and evaluation if required.
- Support the Ministry of Health and participate in conducting, where needed, treatment coverage surveys, impact assessment surveys, surveillance surveys, and project baseline surveys
Health Systems Strengthening:
- Work with the Ministry of Health and partners on how to interpret and use data/findings to guide decision making
- Assist the Ministry of Health in identifying routine service delivery platforms where F&E activities can be integrated.
- Networking and influencing both within and outside the organisation
- Change and improvement – consistently strives to achieve high standards of performance. Responds positively to change by adapting own behaviour/approach.
- Communicating and influencing – Understands how their role contributes to the organisation vision. Communicates confidently and effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Decision making – Gathers relevant information and uses effective reasoning to make timely decisions.
- Planning and organisation – Prioritises activities and develops plans to achieve them, monitoring own progress. Analyses and organises routine data on a regular basis.
- Delivery and implementation – Gets things done, can be relied upon to do what they say they will and is committed to achieving good quality work to agreed standards.
- Team working – Understands how their work impacts on others. Knows about other parts of the organisation and contributes positively to a global team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading PCT NTDs.
- Experience in working in public health and ideally WASH and BC
- Experience in project and/or programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the Government health system
- International development experience with light to moderately complex projects.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Experience in working in country of posting advantageous. Applications from nationals particularly encouraged.
- Must have at least a first degree in Public Health or other related field.
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in database management systems.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Fluency in English language is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
- Accelerate Project Director (NTDs)
- Accelerate Technical Lead
- Commonwealth Project Director
- Sightsavers NTD Director
- Sightsavers NTD Technical Director
- NTD Technical Adviser Hub (Trachoma and WASH)
- Finance and Support Services Manager
- Regional Monitoring Officer
- Sightsavers Country Director
- Sightsavers Evaluation Unit in Head Office
- Nigeria Trachoma Programme Manager
- Nigeria Programme Officers- Super School of 5
- The Federal Ministry of Health, particularly the National NTD programme, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Water and Sanitation, and other related WASH departments
- The States’ Ministries of Health
- World Health Organisation
- Other Non-Government agencies.
- Budget responsibilities: None
- Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the “Application Form” and “Equal Opportunities Form” below and submit as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2019.
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.