Career Opening at Palladium International Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Recent Career Employment at Palladium International Feb 2019
Job Description : Recent Work opportunity at Palladium International Feb 2019
Category : Human Resources Jobs Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HRH and Capacity Building Advisor – Nigeria IHP
Reports directly to: Kebbi IHP Governance and Leadership Advisor
Project Overview and Role
- The IHP Human Resources for Health (HRH) and Capacity Building Advisor provides guidance to the SMOH/SPHCDA in planning, production, management, governance, skill building and performance enhancement of Human Resources for Health (HRH); implementation and improved utilization of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS); and organizational capacity strengthening to deliver quality integrated family planning, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria (IRMNCH +NM) services at state, LGA, facility and community levels.
HRH System Strengthening:
- Provides technical assistance to SPHCDA, LGHAs and relevant HRH structures including the private sector to develop state HR systems: institutionalizing HRH governance and planning, monitoring, analysis and forecasting of health workforce needs, workload analysis and HRH data management and utilization.
- Provides technical assistance to the state, LGHA and facility levels for the roll-out, management, utilization and institutionalization of the national HRIS at the state level
- Provides guidance to the SPHCDA, LGHA and community structures on strategic interventions to address and improve the shortage, maldistribution, and uneven performance of state health care workers aligned with the national Minimum Service Package (MSP).
- Works with the state Leadership and Governance Advisor and field staff to provide technical oversight and quality assurance of HRH, at the state, the Local Government Health Authority (LGHA), the facility and community levels in IHP supported states.
- Supports and builds the capacity of the SMOH/SPHCDA to develop and implement State HRH strategies and plans, coordinate HRH activities of implementing partners
- Facilitate the SMOH/SPHCDA to lead the HRH technical working groups to adapt, domesticate and disseminate HRH related guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery at scale.
- Responsible for defining State IHP, government health staff and local partner needs for training/capacity development based on any/all the following:
- Program, facility, staff assessment
- Defined need from program reports, outputs, outcomes
- New staff
- Identified gaps in capacity/skills from ISS and scorecards
- New strategy and/or implementation approach
- Supports the state and LGHA review and strengthen health workforce in-service training/learning systems to efficiently deliver state level master trainings and cascade training to lower levels including training quality assurance systems.
- Provides technical expertise to SPHCDA, LGHA, facility management committees (FMCs), ward development committees (WDCs) and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to conduct assessments of capacity to manage and deliver quality RMNCH +NM services at the PHC level in line the MSP and WHS.
- Provides TA at state level to generate training profiles that will define training Content (modification/adaptation as needed; mid and final course examination) where they do not exist or work in line with the adapted National training tools.
- Provides TA to appropriate State focal person for maintaining training database, training calendar, archived library of all training material, evaluations, exams and reports as needed of all approved profiles.
- Builds capacity of State focal person(s) to prepare training reports, conduct post training follow up to verify participants’ ability to apply knowledge and skills, and evaluate training programs.
- Works with SPHCDA and LGHAs to sustainably deliver and or outsource efficient and effective training and continuing education using a mix of adult learning methods that improves performance at PHC service delivery, incorporating new and innovative approaches as appropriate to each level of the health structure.
- Contributes to the development/review of program strategies, work plans, budgets, reports and success stories
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Significant experience applying mainstream institutional strengthening approaches such as Organizational Capacity Assessment, Institutional Strengthening Planning, Strategic Planning, Training of Trainers
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of proven adult based training approaches
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems at the state, LGHA and community levels is highly desirable
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Ability to speak Hausa is required
- Ability to function/work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to travel within IHP focal state at least 75% time.
- Advanced degree in Financial Management, Organizational Development, Health Planning and Management, Public Health, Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 8 years’ experience focused on strengthening the capacity of government institutions, health facilities, community-based structures and local organizations
- Expertise in HRH management and enhancement aimed at improving the quality of health services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th February, 2019.