Recent Opening at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : New Career Employment at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Feb 2019
Job Description : New Work opportunity at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Feb 2019
Category : NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer I – Malaria
Location: Cross River
Reports to: Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis
- The Senior Program Officer I for malaria will work with the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis and serve as the technical point person for state level malaria SBCC activities.
- He/She will have primary responsibility for day to day planning, implementation and coordination of state level malaria SBCC activities which will cover provider behaviour change, media activities and stakeholder capacity and system strengthening for malaria SBCC.
- Provide technical guidance and identify unique opportunities and major events that can be leveraged for promoting provider behaviour SBC activities in the state.
- Provide oversight for demand creation component of the LLIN mass campaign. He or She will lead in the development and implementation of advocacy plans and community sensitization and mobilization strategies to improve net ownership and use in the state during and after the campaign.
- Implement and monitor SBCC activities in the community and health facilities to promote adoption of key priority behaviors and promote providers’ positive behaviors to malaria diagnosis and treatment.
- Support collection and management of data on outcomes and impacts of provider-targeted SBC interventions in collaboration with the state M&E Officer. Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Represent the project in all malaria technical and partner coordination meetings in the state
- Support the State Malaria Elimination Program to implement and monitor malaria SBCC activities based on the National Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization Guideline and the state Annual Operational Plan for malaria ACSM.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners, and provider associations in the state to drive and support malaria related SBC activities for providers
- Work with BA-N media team in Abuja head office to produce malaria media content to be aired on radio stations and use monitoring tools to track airing on selected radio stations
- Provide technical support to state media personnel with guidance from BA-N Abuja media team to develop and monitor airing of messages to target key malaria behaviors, like use of Long-Lasting Insecticide treated Nets (LLINs), proper malaria diagnosis before treatment and complete treatment with ACT.
- With the support of the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis, drive the implementation of provider behaviour change activities in the state
- Support providers via supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching. Identify issues affecting providers’ motivation, opportunity and ability to practice positive behaviors to malaria diagnosis and treatment and develop tailored support plans.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Project Director Malaria and Tuberculosis and the Project Director, BA Nigeria Project.
- Programme management highly desirable, with demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Public Health, etc.)
- Experience in any of the health-related areas, with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with service delivery, provider behavior change, and/or social and behavior change activities.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 25th February 2019.
Note: To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills.(Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title. E.g. “Senior Program Officer 1 – Malaria”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.