Latest Job Opportunity at Nuru International Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Latest Career Opening at Nuru International Feb 2019
Job Description : Latest Career Employment at Nuru International Feb 2019
Category : Administrative Jobs in Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transcriber
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Slots: 5 Openings
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: April, 2019
Duration of Activity: Two Weeks
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Transcriber will be responsible for listening to, understanding, translating, interpreting and typing spoken or written statements from one language to another (English to local dialect and vice versa).
- Reproduce statements in another language for unique listening or reading audience.
- Effective note taking and audio recording
- Accurate note taking in English (if possible) or in local dialect (if English is notpossible) from focus group discussions, Key informant interviews
- Attentively listen to audio recordings of focus group discussions and add supplementary detail to typed notes
Type Accurate Message Translation:
- Attend FGD sessions to act as official translator and mediate discussion.
- Facilitate effective communication between FGD Facilitator, Research Assistant and participants that do not speak a similar language by interpreting participant’s views
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Type on computer system, edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language.
Type Note Transcription:
- Submit accurately typed interview transcript to the Supervisor. The transcript will be submitted immediately after field work.
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field settings.
- At least Secondary School Leaving Certificate or higher Degree in Management, Sciences, Social Research, Development Studies, Linguistics or a related field
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluently in English, Hausa or local dialect required. Knowledge of operational area and local language.
- Must have a Computer system and excellent computer applications skills. Particularly MS Word and Excel
- Must have very good computer typing speed
- Previous experience as an interpreter/Translator
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong attention to detail
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
Application Deadline 13th February, 2019.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.