Career Recruitment at (IITA) Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : Career Employment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Feb 2019
Job Description : Recent Work opportunity at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Feb 2019
Category : NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-years renewable contract
Recruitment Type: National (2-years renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Ensure implementation of GHU standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality control and quality assurance as per the GHU QMS systems
- Manage GHU service requests (permits, pre- and post-entry inspections, seed health testing and other related) monitor progress and ensure timely delivery of sevice;
- Manage and safe keep GHU research records, service requests and electronic data (data management and documentation);
- Report non-compliance, including documenting the instances as how procedures were abated and report immediately or on weekly basis to the supervisor.
- Serve as liason with internal clients and quaratine authorities;
- Conduct research and services as directed including seed health testing and diagnostics;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- M.Sc in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Biotechnology or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be familiar with the latest policies and phytosanitary procedure and diagnostics to stay abreast with advancements;
- Submit reports as per the reporting guidelines and timeline to supervisor.
- Provide timely response to general enquires from supervisor, staff and partners;
- Ensure full compliance to GHU SOPs;
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 21st February, 2019.