Recent Opening at (IITA) Feb 2019
Jobs Vacancy : New Career Employment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Feb 2019
Job Description : New Work opportunity at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Feb 2019
Category : Agriculture Jobs in Nigeria
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tractor Operator
Location: Onne, Rivers
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Operate tractor with full range of implements such as plough, harrow, boom sprayer, cassva planter etc;
- Maintain tractor and implements;
- Drive truck, maitain farm site and prepare field for trials;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’level with at least three (3) years’ relevant experience working in a research institute.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have knowledge and experience working in Niger Delta state of Nigeria.
- Be smart, diligent, ready to work in a team and have a good sense of interpersonal relationship.
- Have ability to speak one of the common native languages and English
- Have ability to write in English.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 11th February, 2019.