New Career Opening at RTI International Jan 2019
Jobs Vacancy : New Career Employment at RTI International Jan 2019
Job Description : New Work opportunity at RTI International Jan 2019
Category : NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Accountability Advisor – Health Policy Plus (HP+)
Locations: Abia and Osun
- RTI International’s Global Health Division (GHD) is seeking applicants for two Social Accountability Advisors in Osun and Abia states, to support the global USAID-funded HP+ project in Nigeria
- HP+ advances health policy priorities at national and sub-national levels, and in Nigeria, HP+ is supporting state-level efforts to capitalize on key health financing reforms, specifically the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), by strengthening systems and structures to operationalize the fund, while also improving performance to meet the requirements of Primary Health Care Under One Roof (PHCUOR).
- HP+ is seeking two state-level Social Accountability Advisors (Osun and Abia) to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support to the state governments in the implementation of PHCUOR and the BHCPF, including implementation at ward and facility levels.
- These positions will be responsible for leading implementation support for social accountability mechanisms called for in the PHCUOR and BHCPF. One position will be based in Osun and the other in Abia
- The positions will report to the designated State Team Leads with technical oversight provided by the Senior Advisor, Health Systems, Governance and Leadership, based in Abuia, and the HP+ Governance Technical Lead, based in Washington DC.
The Advisors will undertake the following:
- As needed, support development of slate-level demand generation plans
- Develop and manage grants to local civil society organizations to support implementation of feedback processes
- Contribute to annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities; respond to other ad-hoc requests from HP+ and USAID.
- Convene CSO meetings to review progress and identity recommendations for how to further improve the State Socal Health Insurance Agency(SSHIA)
- Provide technical assistance to and support capacity building efforts for selected state-level structures, LGAs, wards and facilities to plan and implement BHCPF feedback processes
- Develop capacity of ward and facility level institutions to support feedback processes
- Develop and implement strategies for assessing, developing and/or strengthening mechanisms and processes that enable citizens to provide feedback on the health system at ward and facility levels
- Lead expansion of support for CBO meetings and/or other community platforms for beneficiaries to provide feedback on the BHCPF
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the health sector
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs preferred
- Experience working with State governments, LGAs, wards, health facilities, and CSOs strongly desired
- Written and oral fluency in English is required.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy, or a related Technical Degree
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in applied public administration supporting social accountability mechanisms in Nigeria and/or Africa
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning, program budgeting and financial management, and program implementation, as related to international project implementation is preferred
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents
- Ability to anticipate, respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Demonstrated success providing technical leadership and advice to sub-national government counterparts in the health sector, particularly in supporting the establishment, implementation, monitoring of citizen feedback mechanisms
- Experience supporting demand generation activities
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance and writing technical reports in the health sector
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit a detailed CV and Cover Letter to: RTI.Nigeria.HPPlus@rti.org Please include the Job Title and location in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.