New Career Opening at Palladium International Nov 2018
Jobs Vacancy : New Career Employment at Palladium International Nov 2018
Job Description : New Work opportunity at Palladium International Nov 2018
Category : Finance Jobs in Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Location: Kano Head Quarter (with regular travel to operational states)
Role Duration: 1 Year till 31st December 2019
- The Finance Coordinator contributes to overall management and development of MNCH2 through providing support and advice to the Senior Finance Manager (SFM) in the financial management of the project.
- The Finance Coordinator is expected to provide guidance to State Offices, Budget Holders and Non-Finance Staff on internal controls and accounting procedures, support the Value for Money (VfM) Reporting function of the Project Finance Unit, undertake assurance type functions in support of Internal Control and Compliance processes, perform key functions in relation to Project Financial Closeout and provide general accounting support to the Project.
Support to State Offices:
- Under the guidance and direction of the SFM, support STLs and FACOs in their pre-audit preparations;
- Assist State Teams and budget holders to monitor spending against their budgets ensuring attainment of mandatory variance targets; and
- Provide short-term cover for FACOs in the event of absences.
- Under the direction and guidance of the SFM, undertake routine travel to all states to provide support to Finance and Administration Coordinators (FACOs) in their financial management responsibilities;
- Assist the SFM to proliferate understanding of and enforcement of financial procedures in all state offices;
- Ensure financial documents are audit-ready at all times by reviewing state offices’ financial documentation, conducting spot checks, providing reports on identified gaps and proffering recommendations to address shortcomings;
- Ensure financial procedures and guidelines are followed and to identify and advice on areas of procedural improvement;
- Supporting the SFM in the conduct of internal and external audits of MNCH2;
- Assist the SFM in strengthening accounting systems and procedures;
- Work with project external auditors by undertaking audit preparations, coordinating responses to queries and supporting with presentation of findings and recommendations to management; and
- Identifying and implementing processes and procedures for financial and operational controls. Implementing new controls, process narratives, develop test of controls as needed;
Value for Money Reporting:
Assist the SFM in VfM Reporting responsibility by:
- Liaising with Kano HQ operations in their value-for-money reporting and recommendations on technology, telecoms, insurance, utilities and other running costs; and
- Conducting regular Value for Money analyses and creating cost effectiveness narratives within the project according to the project VFM Plan
- Provide ongoing VFM training and support to programme staff
- Embedding “Value For Money” in all aspects of work undertaken;
- Reviewing VfM proposals in Project Activity Memos and recommending approval;
- Collating, analysing and summarising approved VfM proposals as input for quarterly reports;
- Undertaking monthly forecast vs actual VfM Reporting;
- Generating financial reports from MNCH2 financial systems for budget holders and others and supporting them with understanding such reports;
- Processing and ensuring that a system of timely re-charges are received within finance from relevant states/locations;
- In charge of accounts reconciliations; this includes but not limited to:
- Activity advance liquidation
- Reconciliation of all Petty Cash Books;
- Reconciliation of creditors’ statements prior to payment of any invoices;
- Oversee the maintenance of a robust filing system for easy retrieval of documents finance documentation both manual and electronic;
- Provide guidance, training, coaching and mentoring of the Kano HQ Finance Officer;
- Assisting the SFM in the consolidation of State Office returns, ensuring timely submission, checking, consolidating and providing relevant feedback and support to FACOs;
- Supporting the SFM to review of financial returns and performing any other duties relevant to this position which may be assigned by the SFM and maintaining confidentiality.
Project Financial Closeout:
Support the SFM in the implementation of all measures necessary to ensure a successful financial closeout of the project. This will include but not limited to:
- Managing the finance closeout timeline and checklist;
- Providing input into final evaluations, financial reporting and audits as needed
- Finalising Total Expenditures;
- Settlement of final obligations to vendors, staff, and tax authorities
- Reconciliation and settlement of advances to individuals and organisations;
- Maintaining documentation by coordinating the electronic uploading and archiving of financial and operational documents;
- Closure of Project Bank Accounts
- All budget-holders including Senior Management Team, Technical Advisors and Coordinators, Operations staff and internal audit teams.
- Auditors, Bankers, Government bodies, including regulatory agencies.
- Self-evident inter-personal skills that will ensure senior managers to seek their support in resolving financial management issues;
- The ability to challenge poor practice constructively and to give direct actionable feedback on control failures;
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments from time to time.
- Higher Diploma or Degree in Accounting (or equivalent certification and experience);
- Recognised professional accounting qualification such as ICAN, ACCA, CIMA;
- Knowledge and experience of excel-based financial computer applications;
- Ability to work with, support and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills;
- Spoken and written English;
- Financial management experience with development programmes in Nigeria and similar settings
- Experience working on DFID programmes will be an added advantage
- Palladium is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Applications Deadline 28th November, 2018.