Job Recruitment at (WEWE) Aug 2018
Jobs Vacancy : Job Opportunity at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Aug 2018
Job Description : New Career Employment at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Aug 2018
Category : Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
We seek application from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Lawyer
Call for Applications
- WEWE wishes to recruit more members into its Board of Trustees (WEWE Board) for a renewable 2-year term.
- Therefore, we are looking for individuals who share our ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as Widows and Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) as a calling from Almighty God.
Benefits of WEWE Board Membership include opportunities to:
- Contribute and be part of a team called to the service of providing succour, empowerment and direct measurable assistance to widows and orphans in Nigeria.
- Learn what works and what does not work well for growing a credible NGO
- Gain experience about charitable projects, interventions and donor-funded programmes.
- Gain new experience and learn about the workings, rules, procedure and regulations of International Development Agencies like USAID and others.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Roles and Responsibilities of WEWE Board Members include to:
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Chairman to identify and recruit prospective Board Members.
- Partner with the Executive Director and Board Members to ensure effective implementation ofBoard resolutions.
- Serve on such committees, taskforces,and undertake special assignments.
- Represent WEWE to relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as Ambassadors for WEWE, widows and OVCs.
- Participate in fundraisings.
- Attend Quarterly Board meetings in Abuja
- Provide leadership, and governance oversight functions to the operations of WEWE.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director (ED) in the development and implementation of WEWE’s strategic plan.
- Review WEWE’s Annual Progress and Performance Reports.
- Approve WEWE’s Annual Budgets, Audit Reports, and material business decisions.
- Contribute toAnnual Performance Evaluation of the Executive Director.
- Candidates must possess at least 10 working years of experience in leadership positions such as being a head of unit/department/division, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and Chief Executive Officer or Top manager, Principal Partner etc.
- Candidates must be a ranking legal practitioner with over 15 years post call to bar experience based in Abuja
- Candidates must be in Corporate, Public or Private Legal Practice.
- Previous Board experience is an advantage.
- Candidates must be a person of integrity, honesty and God-fearing driven by passion for service.
- Candidates must have individual tax clearance for the last three yearsfrom Federal or State Inland Revenue Service.
- Candidates must be persons of sound mind, and have been adjudged by a court as been of unsound mind.
- Candidates must not be convicted of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty with the last 5 years.
- Residence and location in Abuja FCT are essential advantage.
- Female Legal Practitioners are encouraged to apply.
- Service on WEWE’s Board is without remuneration or any financial benefit, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties subject to availability of funds.Please note that WEWE does not give sitting allowance for attending meetings.
Conflict of interest:
- In addition, WEWE has a conflict of interest policy which states that Board Members’ family members and relatives and any related party cannot work or benefit from WEWE financially.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV’s and a Cover Letter in Microsoft Word document and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The WEWE Board recruitment process would be on a rolling basis and WEWE reserves the right to conclude the recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.