Job Opportunity at The Islamic Development Bank July 2018
Jobs Vacancy : Career Opening at The Islamic Development Bank July 2018
Job Description : Career Employment at The Islamic Development Bank July 2018
Category : Banking Jobs in Nigeria
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Economist
Ref ID: IDB2041
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Country Strategy and Cooperation Department
- To contribute to the identification of the value-chains for each MC covered by the Regional Hub
- To contribute and review the formulation of the interventions under the integrated strategic programming framework based on on-ground consultations with various stakeholders.
- To provide inputs from the co-operation and market integration strategy perspective to the head of Regional Hub in order to develop the special project and programs as well as maintain and provide country level macro-economic data, developmental trends, thematic (i.e. women, youth, climate change, resilience, etc.) and sector information
- To regularly review and map the potential macroeconomic and sectoral impact on the existing IDBG portfolio. To provide support to the Regional Hub in the preparation of the MCPS
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive list)
- Plan, prepare in collaboration with country officers MCPS and coordinating multi-task teams to ensure effective and efficient results.
- Provide guidance to field officers on preparation and implementation of projects related to the objectives of co-operation and market integration, acting as a focal point providing technical clarifications for field officers.
- Support MCs to integrate regionally and globally through implementation of the IDB’s World Trade Organization (WTO) and Regional Integration Program.
- Provide inputs and participate in Programming, Economic Sector Work (ESW) and economic evaluation of large scale complex projects.
- Plan and advise the division and department on the allocation of IDB resources as well as the development of criteria / KPIs for country allocation to ensure operations at optimal levels of efficiency.
- Act as advocate and reference on all economic reports related to the MCs in the division by organizing and studying all reports to ensure the knowledge is leveraged.
- Engage, communicate and collaborate with the broader team in the bank in order to enhance the rigor of advice on cross-cutting and sectoral issues in MCs.
Analysis and Review:
- Prepare and review periodical reports to ensure the validity and precision of the content.
- Maintain and provide country level macro-economic data, developmental trends, thematic (i.e. women, youth, climate change, resilience, etc.) and sector information.
- Analyse macroeconomic data in the documentation prepared in collaboration with Country Officers
- Undertake regional economic, trade, investments and logistics studies in order to better identify and highlight common themes that need to be addressed in MCs.
- Review regularly and map the potential macroeconomic and sectoral impact on the existing IDBG portfolio.
- Conduct analytical work and address binding constraints on economic growth and development in MCs.
- Design a Monitoring & Evaluation Framework (M&E Framework) for all concerned Country Division activities to assess the effectiveness and impact of IDB interventions.
- Contribute and review the formulation of the interventions under the integrated strategic programming framework based on on-ground consultations with various stakeholders
- Contribute to the identification of the value-chains for each MC covered by the Regional Hub.
Knowledge Building and Sharing:
- Monitor and assess emerging challenges and trends in MCs, disseminate the findings to concerned internal & external parties in the context of specific issues of relevance to the Country Department and provide advice on timely and distinctive IDB responses.
- Act as the knowledge and resource center – internally for the IDB Group and externally for MCs – on economic and development issues on MCs within the concerned Country Divisions
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, or related development fields.
- English (mandatory).
- French (preferred).
- Arabic (preferred).
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 7-10 years of experience as an economist, 3 of which in a multilateral development bank or relevant experience at the Ministry of Finance/ Economic Planning/ Central Bank, etc.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Advance problem solving knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- Advanced Partnership management
- Communication effectiveness (oral and written)
- Advanced analytical thinking.
- Advance forecasting knowledge
- Passion for Excellence
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th July, 2018.