Job Alert at LEAP Africa School2Work June 2018
Jobs Vacancy : LEAP Africa School2Work Graduate Programme June 2018
Job Description : LEAP Africa School2Work Graduate Programme June 2018
Category : Graduate Jobs in Nigeria
LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: School2Work Programme
LEAP Africa in partnership with The DOW Chemical Company announces its call for application for the School2Work Programme, a four-month intensive learning programme for graduates from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. The programme is scheduled to hold on July 2nd – 12th, 2018.
LEAP is collaborating with The DOW Chemicals Company Foundation on the School2Work initiative to inspire, empower, equip and support graduates with the requisite knowledge, skills, and competencies that will enable personal effectiveness, job readiness, and intra- or entrepreneurship.
In the last quarter of 2016, 40.6% of unemployed persons were youth between the ages of 15 to 34, while the same age group made up 56.6% of underemployed persons. This crisis has led to an emerging appreciation that the current realities of work require the embedding of employability, enterprise, and entrepreneurship skills into a curriculum for learners to transition smoothly into meaningful life and thrive in a competitive global economy.
Through the School2Work programme, participants (Post-NYSC members) will be equipped with the right mix of leadership, employability and enterprise skills to navigate the present and future marketplace, and to establish businesses in the face of insufficient job opportunities in the country.
The training would entail a rich blend of modules, activities (case studies, games etc.) and 21st Century Skills that will enable the effective transition into formal employment.
The programme activities comprise of the following:
- Two weeks of experiential training and coaching session,
- A career fair,
- Two-month internship placement, and
- One-month post-internship transition support.
- Applicant MUST NOT be gainfully employed at the time of application.
- Applicant MUST be available to attend and participate in the entire programme and must be willing to comply with the virtual work requirements after the training.
- Applicants MUST BE graduates of tertiary institutions between the ages of 18 and 30 years. (HND and OND holders are STRONGLY encouraged to apply)
- Applicant SHOULD BE a recent graduate who has completed the NYSC program. Two-years post NYSC members are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill Application Form
Application Deadline 20th June, 2018.
Note: This programme is fully sponsored and absolutely FREE for participants!