Action Against Hunger New job recruitment 2018
job vacancy:Action Against Hunger New job opportunity 2018
job discription: Action Against Hunger New job vacancy 2018
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno and supervised by the Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator.
- The Deputy Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator collaborates with the Nutrition and Health Regional Coordinator in ensuring the coordination/integration of all Action Against Hunger nutrition and health programs (including emergency intervention) and other department programs in the Northeast, Nigeria.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective integration and coherence of the missions’ nutritional activities – nutrition surveillance, feeding programs, capacity building – in accordance with the organization’s country strategy, national and state policies.
- Technical support to Nutrition Project Managers and other members of the team.
- Organize and provide regular supervision and coaching of team members involved in implementation of nutrition and health activities.
- Monitor the compliance of programs in accordance with current project objectives.
- Support the organization’s advocacy activities related to nutrition and health (follow up on advocacy plans, press releases).
- Participate in relevant meetings related to nutrition and health, including meetings with donors, partners, sectors and other stakeholders.
- Support drugs management in coordination with the logistics team at the base level.
- Contribute to the overall mission and program strategy, narrative and financial project proposals and reporting.
- Contribute to the technical review of monthly/quarterly/annual nutrition and health reports to guarantee standard and high quality of information.
- Provide reports on all nutrition specific projects and nutrition components of integrated projects to donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or other similar field.
- At least 3 year’s experience in managing nutrition and health treatment and prevention programs in underdeveloped/crisis contexts.
- Excellent skills in report writing and analysis.
- Sound understanding of national guidelines/protocols; CMAM, IYCF etc.
- Experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture.
- Experience in international NGO context, with knowledge of treatment, management of malnutrition and reproductive health issues.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2018.
How to Apply
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.