Opening at Premiere Urgence Internationale Feb 2018
Jobs Vacancy : New Career Employment at Premiere Urgence Internationale Feb 2018
Job Description : New Work opportunity at Premiere Urgence Internationale Feb 2018
Category : Graduate Jobs in Nigeria
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Assistant
- the information management assistant will work under the direct supervision of the im advisor in the coordination office based in Maiduguri with travel to bases as needed. The information management assistant will assist in the creation of databases to systematize reporting, data collection, activity, feedback and complaints monitoring.
- S/he will assist the im advisor during capacity building training sessions of base level field teams and volunteers on how to correctly use the im systems, monitor the inputs and provide weekly and monthly reports on all activities.
- Under the direct supervision of IM advisor
- Under the technical supervision meal manager
- Under the overall supervision meal coordinator
Role And Responsibilities
- Information management: assist in the maintenance of a tracking spreadsheet for meal activities and events at the base level – baselines, assessments, reviews and evaluations. Ensure reporting schedules and templates are used whilst clarifying to base level staff what level of information is needed and where. Review the quality of existing project data and information collection methods.
- Human resources: s/he will assist in the capacity building of implementing project teams to enhance their capacities and support the achievement of roles detailed in job descriptions.
- Logistics and administration: assist with the logistic and administrative duties related to information management.
Specific Objective And Linked Activities
- Support IM advisor in maintaining and managing all base level databases in line with information management guidelines.
- Ensure data collected is well-organized and easily readable, and data is easily disaggregated into sex/gender, age, date and type of service/assistance received.
- Collect and compile weekly activity reports from base teams into relevant databases.
- Create mission level databases, templates and graphics for generating reports.
- Ensure information regarding beneficiaries is consolidated into one database and is up-to-date.
- Contribute to the formatting and development of documents regarding collected data.
- Identify missing data and follow up with base level project teams.
- Support in providing data for monitoring of activities, including feedback and complaints monitoring, pdm and evaluation reports.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities Of The Department
- Creation of an im strategy at mission level.
- Provision of information management technical support to project teams in a timely manner.
- Creation of mission level databases and perform data extraction and manipulation.
- Language skills: fluent in English and local languages (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education degree: university degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or Business, or Technical Diploma in Computer Science.
- Work experience: 2 years’ experience in NGOs/private companies in it.
- Knowledge & skills: basic data analysis and advanced knowledge and experience with statistical software SPSS, graphic design software and gis.
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting and configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of excel and access (data manipulation and report generation) or at least any other platform database.
- Good knowledge of networks.
- Familiar with windows systems and applications.
- Good knowledge of ms-sql.
- Integrity and loyal to humanitarian principles.
- Patience and readiness to triangulate information.
- Strong motivation to help people in needs.
- Well organized and attention to details.
- Reliable and rigorous.
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
- Ability to work within a team.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Note: If pre-selected, you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.