Career Opening at Fahrenheit Hospitality Ltd Dec 2017
Jobs Vacancy : Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited Career Employment Dec 2017 [7 Positions]
Job Description : Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited Work opportunity Dec 2017 [7 Positions]
Category : Hotel Jobs in Nigeria
Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited (FHL) is a Fresh Innovative Hospitality Solutions Company that focuses on TURN KEY Hospitality Project Management providing solutions and services for the hospitality industry.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Hotel General Manager
Reports to: Managing Director / Area General Manager / Owner
- The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests.
- He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
- Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
- Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience.
- A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms,Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
- Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 15 to 20 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience, ideally including experience in remote locations.
- And 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the position applied for as the subject line of the mail.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Reports To: General Manager
- Responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel;
- Coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
- Solicit local group Food & Beverage business;
- Maintain the services and reputation of Your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
- To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
- Evaluation forms must accompany all invoices.
- Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while :a. Maintaining a labour cost below the maximum of 15%. b. Assuring adequate and consistent
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
- Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
- Directly responsible for larger groups…overseeing medium and smaller groups:
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Minimize number of customer complaints.
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Meeting with convenors and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
- Proper hiring procedures followed. For management positions, either the HR Manager or the Asst. General Manager must join the Director of Food & Beverage for all interviews. For line personnel, the Assistant to the Director of Food & Beverage must be present with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
- Proper termination procedures must be followed.
- Department meeting being held monthly. General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Human Resources Manager to be notified of meetings in a timely fashion.
- High employee retention.
- Personal development and growth.
- Discipline of personnel when required.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
- Minimize the number of Workmen’s Compensation claims.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Supervisor. Proven track records.
Job Title: Accounting Assistant / Finance Clerk
Reports To: Finance Manager / Financial Controlle
- Assist in day to day finance operations and he / she is primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analysing and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the hotel.
- Additionally responsible for generating bills and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.Also Assist the finance manager in directing the financial activities of the hotel.
Accounting Assistant Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
- Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
- Assist with analysing financial statements on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist the financial Controller with systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P & L responsibility.
- Assist financial Controller with completing the year-end audit process.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts.
- Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies.
- Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.) and also maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepare wire transfer confirmations for reimbursable invoices.
- Prepare credit card authorisations for American Express, Visa, Master, Diners etc. and send to vendors.
- Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software’s.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the accounting program.
- Assists with reimbursable invoicing.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assign unique AR number to new approved accounts on both PMS and Back office software.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyse revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Vendor’s permanent files and Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports.
- Process authorise purchase requests as needed.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
- Maintain Office supplies and order as needed.
- Any other job related duties as and when assigned by the Financial controller.
- Accomplishes accounting and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Micros,Protel, Visual One, Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
- High School Graduate or Master of Commerce or BS in Accounting preferred
- 1-2 years work experience with previous accounting Office experience or experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
Job Title: Bookkeeper
- The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information.
- The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
- The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the accounting software package.
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Officer
Reports to: General Manager
- To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
- The DOSM should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximise REVPAR and grow market share.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the CVGR (Company Volume guaranteed rate) contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Oversee and ensure the updation of rates, promotions on hotel website, OTA’s (Online travel agents), GDS etc. without any rate parity.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centres, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- 3-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- High degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills. Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
Job Title: Chef De Partie
Reports To: Sous Chef / Executive Chef
- As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Chef de Partie Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- At least 3 year’s experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Managing Director
- PAs should be capable of competently dealing with situations in their boss’s absence and should be confident enough to delegate upwards on their boss’s behalf.
- Maintaining confidentiality is a fundamental requirement of the PA role. And building a strategic partnership with the boss is only possible if PAs keep abreast of the organisations goals and their boss’s strategic objectives.
Corporate Personal Assistant positions demand competence and skill at performing the following duties:
- Reading, monitoring and responding to your boss’s email,
- Answering calls and liaising with clients competently,
- Preparing correspondence on your boss’s behalf,
- Delegating work in your boss’s absence,
- Diary management,
- Planning and organising meetings,
- Organising travel and preparing complex travel itineraries,
- Attending meetings on your boss’s behalf,
- Taking action points and writing minutes,
- Preparing papers for meetings,
- Taking dictation,
- Planning and organising events,
- Conducting research,
- Drafting communications on your boss’s behalf,
- Preparing presentations,
- Managing and reviewing filing and office systems,
- Typing documents,
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment,
- Managing projects.
- Personal Assistants are calm under pressure and capable of thinking on their feet in a crisis. They typically support senior managers, executives and teams.
- Must have similar experience in a hospitality background.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com with the subject of the mail as the position applied.
Application Deadline 16th December, 2017.