Toyota Nigeria Dream Car Art Contest 2012 in Nigeria
The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest 2010 is a global art contest from the stable of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Japan. The contest is open to Nigerian children who are under the age of 10 and 15 out of which fifteen contestants will emerge finalists.
Contest Theme: Your Dream Car
From January 22nd 2013 to February 16th 2013
- Under 10 years
- 10 – 12 years
- 13 – 15 years
NOTE: A participant must fall within BUT NOT ABOVE OR PLUS the age category indicated on his/her entry form and birth certificate as at the day of drawing.
The National Contest
- Prospective participants should download the entry form and print out in colour from HERE
- Names should be filled in black ink in form as written on the participants birth certificate.
- Complete forms properly in CAPITAL LETTERS, and bring the completed form to the Drawing Centre for vetting on the assigned date for your locality.
- A CLEAR photocopy of the birth certificate should be attached to the Entry Form.
- Participants must indicate on the form that they have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the contest. Read it at www.toyotanigeria.com
- Each form must be endorsed by participant’s parents/legal guardians.
- Artwork must have a title and explain in a nutshell the concept of your drawing.
- Participants are to come with the filled ENTRY FORM to the live drawing contest venue at any of the three (3) designated centres:
- Participants should consider these factors: originality, creativity, environmental friendliness, safety and futuristic concept.
- Three national finalists will emerge from each category. Names of winners will be announced in the dailies.
- These 9 finalists will be presented with gifts and certificates.
- Also their artwork will be sent to Japan to represent Nigeria at the global level of the Contest. The finalists whose entries are shortlisted at the World Contest stand a chance of visiting Japan.
- Port Harcourt: 9th February. Time: 9.00 am
- Abuja: 9th February. Time: 9.00 am.
- Lagos: 16th February. Time: 9.00 am.
The World Contest
Awards: Gold, Silver, Bronze
Each Gold, Silver and Bronze winner gets an Invitation trip to Japan to attend the award presentation ceremony (scheduled to take place in August 2013). An award winner will be accompanied by one parent or legal guardian.
The first through third place prizes in each category of the Local Contest shall be as follows:
- Laptops, certificates, and exciting gifts.
- Each gold, silver, bronze and special award winners in each category of the World Contest will win a trip to Japan for the winner and one parent or legal guardian. Included in the prize are round-trip economy class airline tickets to Japan and travel and accommodation expenses within Japan to be determined by TMC. Winners are responsible for all expenses incurred for traveling to and from the airport in their own countries, other domestic travel expenses, and all taxes imposed on the prize. The airline ticket dates cannot be altered. The trip is scheduled in August 2013.
- Winners will be notified of the schedule at a later date. TMC reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in case that the advertised prizes become unavailable.
- As for finalists, prize will be sent.
You may please confirm your interest to participate via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or text message to 08065672216, specifying your full name (same as written on the birth certificate), date of birth and drawing centre of choice.
Confirmation of participation closes at 6 pm on the Thursday before the Saturday for each Drawing Centre.
NOTE: Toyota (Nigeria) Limited will supply the drawing papers. You are to come with your choice artistic medium – (e.g. any paint including water paint, colour markers, crayons, etc.) Your artwork must not only illustrate a car, but must also include a background or setting.
Visit the following sites below to see more past winning entries for inspiration
- ABUJA: Unity High School. Opposite General Hospital Phase IV Kubwa, Abuja.
- PORT HARCOURT: Brookstone School. Port Harcourt International Airport Rd, Igwuruta. Port Harcourt.
- LAGOS: Supreme Education Foundation Schools. 23, Emmanuel Keshi Street, Magodo, GRA. Lagos.