Ekiti State University Admission into the 4, 5, & 6 Year Degree, PGDE and M.ED Degree Programmes for the 2013 Session Contact Session in Nigeria
Application forms are now available for suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Sandwich Programme of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti for 2013 Contact Session.
- B.A (Education) Degree in English, Yoruba, Religious Studies, French, Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- B.Ed Degree in Social Studies, Guidance and Counselling, Adult Education and Nursery and Primary Education.
- B.Sc (Education) Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Health Education, Educational Management, Business Studies Education, Computer Science, Human Kinetic (PHE), Agricultural Science, Technical Education, Integrated Science and Accounting
I. 4-Year Programme in any of A, B or C
- Passes at credit/merit level in two subjects at the NCE and credit passes in (five) 5 subjects including English Language GCE O/Level or its equivalent. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE,/GCE O/Level.
- Three (3) passes at the Advanced Level GCE plus credit passes in five (5) other subjects in O/Level SSCE/GCE
- National Diploma with credit/merit passes in relevant subjects plus credit passes in 5 GCE O/Level subjects.
- Passes at credit/merit level in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics at the GCE 0/Level with any of the following is acceptable for Computer Science Education.
- Diploma in Data Processing from recognized Universities.
- ND (Computer Science).
- The Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with five (5) O/Level credit passes including English Language for B.Sc Physical Health Education
- F The Nursing and Midwifery Certificate plus Post-Nursing Diploma with any two other subjects is acceptable for B.Sc (Ed) Health Education.
II. 5-Year Programme in any of A, B or C except Educational Management
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE plus credit passes in Five (5) subjects GCE O/L or its equivalent. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE/GCE 0/Level English.
- Passes at credit/merit level in two major subjects of the Associate Diploma in Education with GCE 0/Level credit passes or its equivalent in five (5) subjects.
- Credit/merit passes at the NCE level in two (2) major subjects with credit passes in five (5) GCE O/Level or its equivalent.
- Passes at credit/merit level in two (2) subjects in the NCE with GCE 0/Level credit or its equivalent in five (5) subjects irrespective of whether a subject is repeated at both ordinary and NCE level.
- The Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with 0/Level credit passes in five (5) other subjects is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) Physical and Health Education
- The NABTEB credit/merit passes in five (5) subjects together with the Advanced Level NABTEB Certificate in any two (2) subjects is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) Technical Education.
III. 6 Years Programme in any of A, B or C
- Passes at credit/merit level in five (5) subjects including English Language in WASC/GCE O/Level
- A credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory for the B.Sc (Ed) Science courses.
- Five credit/merit passes in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics in NABTEB is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) Technical Education.
IV. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Candidates with good first degree in the Arts, Sciences or Social Sciences from an approved University are eligible for admission.
- HND with credit/merit passes in relevant teaching subjects.
V. Masters’ Degree (M.Ed) Programmes
The following courses are available at the Masters’ Degree Level: Philosophy of Education, Guidance and Counseling, Language Education, Science Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Educational Management, Social Studies Education, Test and Measurement, Mathematics Education, Exercise Physiology, Organization and Administration of Sports, Health Education, Sociology of Education, Human Kinetics and Sports.
Candidates who satisfy any of the following admission requirements are eligible for admission into fist graduate M.Ed Sandwich courses of the Faculty of Education.
- A good first degree in Education from a recognized University.
- A good first degree in the Arts, Sciences or Social Sciences with NCE or PGDE.
- In all, any candidate whose class of degree is below Second Class Lower Division) need not apply, while candidates applying for admission into the M.Ed degree in Test and Measurement, Science Education and Curriculum and Instruction should have a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE O/Level.
VI. Method of Application
- Candidates are to pay N5,000.00 for Undergraduate form and N6,000.00 for Postgraduate form into any of the underlisted banks through e-tranzact. The banks are: Zenith, Wema, ECO Bank, Enterprise Bank, Access Bank, GT Bank and First Bank. The e-tranzact receipt issued by the bank will be used to access the application form on the University website www.eksu.edu.ng. Candidates are to complete the forms on line submit and print a copy of the application form for processing
- Duly completed application forms accompanied with a photocopy of evidence (i.e teller/e-transact receipt) of payment with four self-addressed envelopes and photocopy of credentials must be returned to University Sandwich Office not later than 1st April, 2013.