Federal College of Education(Special), Oyo Admissions Screening Exercise in Nigeria 2012
Federal College of Education(Special), Oyo in Affiliation With University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria Announces its 2012/2013 Admissions Exercise Screening of UTME Candidates For Admission
- The National Universities Commission (NUC) recently approved the University of Ibadan’s affiliation arrangements with the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo for the purpose of running full-time undergraduate degree programmes.
- The College which is the only one in the Country mandated to train special education teachers and other personnel, was established in October 1977.
Available undergraduate courses are as follows:
- Education/Christian Religious Studies
- Education/Islamic Studies
- Educational Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Human Kinetics
- Primary Education Studies
- Education /English Language and Special Education.
Requirements for Admission
Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo hereby requests candidates in the following categories:
- Who sat for the 2012/2013 UTME and scored 180 and above OR
- Who applied to JAMB for Direct Entry to submit their biodata and SSCE WAEC/NECO or (equivalent certificate) and NCE results (for Direct Entry) ONLINE directly through www.fcesuidegree.com on or before the closing date.
- Candidates who sat for the Post-UTME of the University of Ibadan who scored 40 points and above are eligible to apply but will not be required to write the College Post-UTME.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2012
Method of Application
- Candidates are to pay N5,000.00 into FCES/UI Admission Processing fee Account .
- FCES/UI Admission Processing Fee Account Details: FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. ACCT. NO.: 2022032849.
- The teller should have full names of the candidate (SURNAME first) as in the UTME result slip preceeded by the JAMB Registration number, as the payee.
- Name and JAMB Registration Number should be quoted in the depositors name at the point of payment (in the Bank). The Following format could be adopted: JAMB regno/names e.g. 851 55889FE/IYANU OPEYEMI ANIKE
- Consequent upon payment of the Processing fee of N5,000.00 at the Bank, candidates are expected to go to www.fcesuidegree.com and click on Post UTME application under prospective student.
- Candidates are then expected to supply teller number and UTME Registration Number in order to submit their biodata and O’ level results
- Candidates should ensure that the on-line forms are carefully filled, following ALL necessary instructions, as mistake(s) may lead to disqualification.
- The on-line forms are to be filled in CAPITAL letters only.
- Multiple submissions may lead to disqualification
- Candidates can return to the portal, up till Wednesday, November 9, 2012 to edit/complete their previous entries or otherwise review and print their submissions. Please ensure that you click “FINAL SUBMISSION” before printing. Applicants should note that no further editing can be done after final submission
- Kindly use functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to enable the College reach you in the course of the Admission exercise, whenever the need arises.
- Candidates are expected to upload their passport photographs. The photographs must be on white background showing both ears, without glasses, cap or headgear.
- An online help desk platform on www.fcesuidegree.com will be available to handle all genuine enquiries.
Schedule of Admission Activities:
- Names of short listed candidates for the Post-UTME examination will b displayed on the college website on 15th November, 2012. Electronic mails (e-mails) and SMS will be sent to ALL invited candidates.
- Candidates should please note that it is only when an ‘O’ level result is deficient for a course of choice, that another deficient result may be presented to complement Candidates presenting two ‘0; level results (6 credits at 2 sittings) should ensure that the comprehensive details of both results are submitted.
- The deadline for submission of biodata / ‘0’ level results may not be extended, Any candidate whose data are not within the stipulated time may not be considered for admission.
- Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are therefore advised to submit genuine documents only, Anyone found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and may be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agents.
- Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.
- Candidates should note that the Post-UTME will hold on Tuesday. November 20 at the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo premises at 9.00a.m. Candidates are expected to have been seated by 8.00am.
For enquiry, contact: The Directorate of Degree and Diploma Programmes on firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 08033655501, 08033884486 & 08033822695.